Yay! My first blog post and I will write this one about my husband’s fave thing. My oatmeal, raisin cookies! They are super easy to make, quick and most important!! YUMMY!
Most people these days have internet A.D.D. or like me, short attention span. Let’s get to the nitty gritty;
- 1 stick of softened butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 cup (heaping) all purpose flour
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 1/2 (one and a half) cup of rolled oats
- Pre-heat the over to 350 F.
- Mix the softened butter and brown sugar together until completely combined.
- Add the egg and mix until incorporated.
- Add the vanilla, baking powder and cinnamon and mix altogether.
- Stir the flour in, then the raisins and finally the oatmeal until all combined.
- Drop rounded mounds of the mixers on a greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten the mounds a little before you stick the pan in the oven.
- Bake at 350F until they are lightly brown (usually takes about 8 to 10 mins)
This recipe makes enough dough for one of your standard Lagostina cookie sheet.