I was browsing Pinterest for some quick DIY decoration ideas… I had some left over Eulalie’s Sky MMS Milk paint from my recent Oak chair project and found these neat pins of painted bottles. I normally take my empties to the animal shelter close by but thought, I could always empty more! *wink *
Because I didn’t add any bonding agent to the already mixed paint I had, I tried to shellac the bottle first. After the shellac had dried, I just painted away! It went on pretty smooth but I wasn’t sure if the paint would adhere once dried. An hour later, I came back and the crackling effect it left was astounding!!
Note that I didn’t peel the labels off but it didn’t really matter as I wrapped that area with cheap twine. I think I will do a bunch of these and go hunt for some simple floral stems. This was a quick and cheap DIY project with lovely results!